SHIP CREW MANAGEMENT
GLOBAL OCEAN SHIPPING SERVICES LIMITED is a reputed Bangladeshi shipping company. We would like to have business cooperation with your esteemed company. Ours is a seafarer's recruitment company with wide experience of working in Asia and Europe. We provide the following services:
Supply of Crew:
GLOBAL OCEAN SHIPPING SERVICES LTD. (GOSSL) Gov’t approved License No. MLA 105 received MLC 2006 and ISO 9001:2015 approved by BV which is reputed Bangladeshi Shipping Company.
This is our core business and we can assure you that we can provide unparalleled service to any other local crewing agency.
We would like to have business cooperation with your esteemed company. We have been providing mariners in different kinds of vessels since long.
Bangladesh has long standing colorful history providing Mariners throughout the world. It has 21 maritime academies/ school and crew training centers which are producing thousands of skill marine hands every year.
Moreover, we have very skill deck and engineer officers in our database having high standard quality. GOSSL committed to provide them to your company if you really wish.
Bangladeshi Mariners strong stout, gentle, intelligent and non-alcoholic they are agreeing to work with cost effective salary.
In the meanwhile, we have already provided near about 500 mariners on-board to various world shipping company.
Our company is comprised with Captain & Chief Engineer, IT experts, accounts and admin experts, they work round the clock to provide service of our valued clients. We are able to provide any kinds of mariner for different kind of vessel anywhere in the world. We ensure quality after getting request from any shipping company.
WE, GOSSL having largest data pool in Bangladesh by which you can choose best crew for your company vessel, currently we are maintaining CDM (crew data Management) program for selection of crews.
- About MLC - 2006 and STCW -10
- Office staff check crew documents as per STCW – 10
- We have check list for that
- We also, arrange training for office staff how to check crew documents.
- Medical health fitness and as per MLC Flag medical report
- Our crew very familiar with Tanker operation
Tank Cleaning (be caution about pre-wash cargo, monitor ODME as per SOLAS and MARPOL regulation)
- Stowage plan
- Stability calculation
- Loading (By manual calculation or LoadIgator) by Level master or MMC.
- Precaution during voyage as per MSDS
- Discharge as per ship shore agreement
- To be checked SOF for loading cargo
- Check Gas (NACL2, HC, CO, CH4) by gas detector (5PID, O2 analyzer, combatable gas detector, Multi gas detector) H2 Gas Detector
- Check wall wash as per cargo Charterers requirements for next cargo (WWT)
- Follow IMDG CODE (VOL I, II, III), CRISH code, IBC code, Captain’s Medical Guide
- Use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment’s)
- Inspection (CDI, SHELL, SIRE, USCG as per charterer’s instruction)
- Be careful about LEL, UEL, Flash point, Due point, Padding, Inerting and Safety item.
- Check the compatibility chart.
- LSA and FFA equipment ballast water management system. Etc.
Usually GOSSL send crews to all kind of bulk carrier from our crewing agency-
VLOC (Very large Ore carrier)
VLGC (Very Large grain carrier)
All officer including Master of Bulk carrier are very experience with USA and Australian ports.
What type of ship we may manage?
Any kind of vessel including - Bulk carrier.
General Cargo vessel
Small ship (Near coastal)
Crew Boat Fast Crew boat.
Subject: The compliant employment of “Bangladeshi ratings on foreign
flagged and owned vessels”
To employment of Bangladeshi ratings on foreign flag vessel following procedure to be followed as per Bangladesh Merchant shipping Ordinance 1983/BMSO-1983.
- Proposal instruction to receive from foreign flag owner to local recruiter, confirm engagement a authorize crewing agent as per BMS-1983, Chapter 10e & Seamen Recruiting Agent (License) Rules 2005, local recruiter may direct recruit if she is having crewing License from Bangladesh Government.
- Ratings to select as per Safe Manning Certificate including Company policy (depend on Type of vsl/Trading pattern etc) & must hold valid Seaman Book, candidate medically fit.
- Verification/authentication of crew docs to be completed through online (Director General of Shipping & BD Shipping Office website)
- Once selection procedure complete with verification of docs, next steps to crew agreement (SEA) with owner/Management of the vessel complying with MLC-06.
One more Article of Agreement (Merchant Shipping Ordinance, Chapter 10/form No. 8A) will be signed by said ratings at the time of sign-on at BD shipping office before joining to the vessel.
- Note that, there is roster (As per Seamen_Recruitment_Rules__2001, part – 14,4) System to be follow during ratings recruiting from BD. There is two types of roster.
- General Roster: General roster which is operated/maintained from BD Shipping office, if any crewing agency wants to call a ratings from General roster, agency must put a notice earlier to Shipping office. (Note that this is formalities only in BD)
- Company Roster: Company roster only applicable if full ship or 50 number of crew sign-on in one time.
- Upon completion of aforementioned formalities crew to proceed shipping office Chittagong/DG Shipping Dhaka to complete sign-on procedure including signing to AOA (Shipping-office-form-no-8A-Article of Agreement). Now your crews/ratings are ready to on-board.
To recruit national flag vessel (BD flag) to BD seafarers same rule to be applied other than flag protection rules, where percentage of BD seafarer to be increased but procedure of recruitment to be same as above.